NIGHTLIFE at the California Academy of Sciences



Science & alcoholic beverages, you say?  Well, if I must. 

Last week, I had the pleasure of visiting the California Academy of Sciences for an after-hours PLANETARIUM PARTY.  As part of its weekly NightLife series, the Academy reopens its doors, every Thursday, for an adults-only (21+) night at the museum.    


I LOVE that this exists.  Part aquarium, planetarium, and natural history museum, the Academy provides a perfect venue to geek out with those closest to you.  Each week features a unique theme with special guests and many opportunities to explore, including strategically-placed mini bars with specialty cocktails.  Guests also enjoy discounted admission (just $12, or $10 for museum members) and the complete absence of all strollers and disinterested teenagers. 

In my finest galactic attire, I joined my husband and friends to imbibe in honor of the Morrison Planetarium's 60th anniversary celebration.  We ate steamed pork buns and pondered Foucault's pendulum, Madagascan rainforests, and the origins of life.  Most of our night was spent downstairs in the incredible Steinhart Aquarium.  I could have happily spent hours taking pictures of jellyfish (I'm that person).  My only regret of the evening was not getting up to see the living roof -- a welcomed excuse to return.


No comments:

Post a Comment